Title: Development Coordinator
Application deadline: November 2, 2018, 11:59PM EST for full consideration (open until filled)
Status: Part time, temporary contract (IRS 1099) with possibility for renewal April 2019
Compensation: $25/hour at approximately 20 hours a week from December 3, 2018-March 31, 2019.
Supervised by: Director of Engagement
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Position Description: Development Coordinator will support the advancement of CAF’s mission and identity through a focus on structural development of the fund. Development Coordinator will work closely with Director of Engagement and Board of Directors on grant renewal and implementation of end of year fundraising and donor management campaigns. This position is intended for renewal in spring 2019 (dependent on funding availability) to a Director of Development whose role will expand upon Development Coordinator in management of development, communications, and fundraising efforts.
- Lead process of drafting grant renewal for upcoming calendar year, including narrative and financial reporting.
- Develop and implement practices for individual donor appreciation and engagement.
- Collaborate to schedule communications for planned campaign content and maintain social media presence to highest level of quality.
- Train for helpline case management and staff weekly shifts.
- Be responsive to an in-office and virtual office work environment. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools.
- Perform duties required of all staff to support smooth internal operations such as submitting timely expense reports, reimbursement requests, and timesheets.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have these qualifications:
Job Experience Requirements:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience including development, fundraising, and communications.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills including direct experience in grant writing and revision.
- Social media savvy and ability to draft compelling messaging that encourages engagement.
- Familiarity with fundraising techniques including peer-to-peer and large donor appeals.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Basic computer skills including reliable access to internet and familiarity with Google Suite, and open to learning new technologies and software as needed.
- Committed to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all.
- Committed to an intersectional framework that includes but is not limited to gender, economic, and racial justice.
- Self motivated, resourceful, creative, and flexible in a responsive work environment.
- Able to collaborate with a diverse team and be responsive to remote management. Desire to contribute towards a collective model of leadership and organizational structure.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback and mutual accountability as a team member.
- Highly organized and able to use discretion when handling confidential information.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and a cover letter on why you want to work at CAF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and position may be filled before application deadline if ideal candidate is found. Flexible interview times will be available.
--- Need resume assistance? https://resume-help.org/
Carolina Abortion Fund is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to build and maintain an intentional, intersectional staff in regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, ability, age, gender and sexual orientation. As an organization working from a reproductive justice lens, CAF is committed to fostering the leadership and elevating the voices of young people, Indigenous, Black, and folks of color, women, LGBTQ+ and trans folks, immigrants, and other intersections of marginalized identities including low-income, undocumented, teenage parents, formerly incarcerated, and people who have received funding for abortions. We strongly encourage people of these identities to apply.