Carolina Abortion Fund (CAF) is a 501-c3 nonprofit founded in 2011 working to protect and expand abortion towards a vision of liberated abortion access.
CAF operates a volunteer-run helpline that provides financial assistance to North Carolina residents who want to terminate a pregnancy but lack the full funds to do so safely.
We also offer local resource referrals, community programming, and partner with reproductive justice organizations across the state to support a network of family care options, including active membership in the National Network of Abortion Funds.
- We believe abortion is a social good. People choosing abortion deserve compassion, dignity and respect.
- We believe our practices should be rooted/grounded in a model of radical care!
- We believe that income should not limit a person’s ability to make reproductive decisions.
- We believe that a fierce, fearless, tenacious, risk-taking approach fuels our passionate work for abortion access.
- We believe in the collective knowledge of the communities we serve and the multiple identities and experiences represented and strive to center and embody those identities and experiences in our organization.
- We believe that CAF’s callers are the experts of their lives; decisions are respected, trusted with no expectation of justification.