Carolina Abortion Fund (CAF) is a 501-c3 nonprofit founded in 2011 working to protect and expand abortion towards a vision of liberated abortion access.
CAF operates a volunteer-run helpline that provides financial assistance to North Carolina residents who want to terminate a pregnancy but lack the full funds to do so safely.
We also offer local resource referrals, community programming, and partner with reproductive justice organizations across the state to support a network of family care options, including active membership in the National Network of Abortion Funds.
CAF operates under a SisterSong definition of reproductive justice as “the human right to have children, not have children, and parent the children we have in safe and healthy environments” and support callers across spectrums of gender, race, ability, class, and other personal identities.
* We believe abortion is a social good. People choosing abortion deserve compassion, dignity and respect.
* We believe our practices should be rooted/grounded in a model of radical care!
* We believe that income should not limit a person’s ability to make reproductive decisions.
* We believe that a fierce, fearless, tenacious, risk-taking approach fuels our passionate work for abortion access.
* We believe in the collective knowledge of the communities we serve and the multiple identities and experiences represented and strive to center and embody those identities and experiences in our organization.
* We believe that CAF’s callers are the experts of their lives; decisions are respected, trusted with no expectation of justification.